Sunday, March 4, 2007

Welcome to In Tech We Trust!


Thank you for choosing to read In Tech We Trust. My name is Matt, and I am pleased to present a blog about technology in general that will cover anything from computers, to iPod's, to auto-tech, to anything tech. I will update at least weekly, and probably every couple days.

Now that my intro is out of the way, I would like to discuss some of my tech-peeves. First and foremost, I hate how dial-up companies try to promote their product as fast. It's not, and never will be. Broadband is taking over.

Second, I hate how digital cable companies promote their product as superior. It's not. Fiber (if available) is at least 3 times faster at 15 mbps. FiOS even has a 30 mbps package! And cable thinks it's 1.5-3 mbps is fast???

Third, what is it with cell phone companies charging by the minute? Metro PCS is starting a new wave by having an all-you-can-eat plan for just $40 a month. Thats unlimited everything. The only catch: you pay full price for the phone, and It's only available in metropolitan areas...for now.

Fourthly, why does Flash not work in Windows Vista IE7? I, and many others have tried installing it multiple times. We've tried everything we can to fix it. Even Microsoft (M$) support can't find a fix. The only thing that works so far is Flash in Firefox. Looks like M$ shot themselves in the foot on this one...

Numero Cinco. Why is it that cellphones don't have a standard layout. For example, every Verizon (VZ) Motorola has a different layout than the VZ LG's. Why is it that carriers can't carry over their own GUI across different phones? Or why can't cellphone manufacturers allow for this? That and better GUI's across all carriers and manufacturers is much needed.

That's it for my tech-peeves, feel free to leave your own in the comments. Hope you enjoyed my first blog, and I look forward to you reading my blog again.

-Matt

No comments: